Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A DAY OF SEWING & INSPIRATION

Today I had the pleasure of a full day patchworking course learning to sew curves using the drunkards path template. It was at a beautiful quilting shop that is run from a residence that has been turned into a B&B quilting retreat so just being within the grounds was peaceful enough let alone in a room full of people happy to be there. I've chosen material in my favourite colours though the normal colour tones were floral I have used teal, coffee and chocolate tones with geometric patterns so when i started playing around with patterns it's looking very art deco. Will post photos soon.

I've also been inspired to take over the back shed and create my own design craft area within the large shed. It's already been lined but just has the pool table in and some old sofa's so I have thrown a couple of throw rugs and cushions around to revamp and brighten the place and will start to but some shelving in soon so that all my craft stuff can be stored there. The clever part will be creating a 'wall' of shelving (cheap white shelving from discount shop that I'm in love with for it's clean lines and affordable price) that will hide basic household storage behind it.

In the meantime we have had our first successful market with another one coming up the end of this month I have my hands full.

1 comment:

  1. All the best with the shed transformation it sounds great !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Me