Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recycled Shirt - Gorgeous Dress :)




Day two of Daddy shirt make-overs.....I attempted Miss Six dress using Dad's unusable Polo Ralph Lauren business shirt. Let's just say that when I bought this shirt at DFO I bought it for the fabric, it was so smart and almost silken in texture, so although Dad never got to wear it due to the washing incident (now I know why they were on clearance) I am so grateful to have reused it for a much loved dress for Miss Six.

As mentioned on previous post that my inspiration came from here, and lets just say that it was the easiest dresses to put together, even with having to draw up the pattern via hand from a 2 x 2 inch photo - somehow the dimensions worked.

I did have to remove the pocket from one side and you can only vaguely see that there was one there, though I would assume after the first wash you may not even notice it.

I finished it off with a complimentary belt and a couple of attempts at fabric flowers with some funky floral fabric, which is usually not my style but I really liked the colours on this pattern. Note that the top flower is covering a hint of the wash disaster that snuck into the cutting zone, but just as well it was in that spot...almost like it was planned for a gorgeous flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Me