Friday, October 30, 2009

I was lucky enough to discover this red lampshade on the clearance trolley for $3, normally I wouldn't go for red at all but I needed a new lampshade for the girls and as luck would have it I have a quilt in the processes of being created that will have lady bugs on it (at some point)
I was struggling with how to make it special and decided on stamping it with my roller stamp with navy ink to soften the brightness of the red (these photos don't do it justice as it is Tomato red)I than glued the yellow gathered ribbon around the bottom and rick rack top and bottom


I spent so much time trying to decide on how to decorate it with, I had buttons and ribbons in so many colours, but I am happy with the result and know it will look amazing with the new quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Me