Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1 x Fancy Dress, 1/2 hour and a Roll of Ribbon



My latest challenge was to convert one of my dresses
(loved it but the colours just didn't work for me) into a cute little dress for Miss Six.

I cut off the top to the shirring waistline, pulled in the back seam allowance to fit Miss Six and added ribbon shoulder straps. I had been a little liberal
with the sizing so that she will get many years out of it, but it gapped a bit at the back so I improvised and put in extra straps across the back which makes it sit flat on her back with plenty of movement for her. I also left an inch of ribbon on each strap to enable expansion later on.



I finished it off with a ribbon around the waist and some simple camilla inspired flowers cut out of the bodice section and finished off with a couple of peals.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! She looks so grown up. You could add red accessories and wear it for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T, there is something so sweet about little girls in black and white! I loved this fabric so much and am delighted that it looks so good as a little girls dress - Good idea with the xmas suggestion, I am sure it will be worn often :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Me